Sunday, March 29, 2020

Distance Learning Info and Class Update!

Hello!

I miss you all and pray for each of you, daily. Thank you for your continued patience and grace as we discover, and perhaps master, this new form of education together!

You have received many emails from me, you have seen me on Zoom, and you may have watched a YouTube video or two from me at this point! That being said, I also wanted to post information on my blog since some of you are accustomed to finding resources and class-happenings on here. Here is what you NEED to know right now...

1. Be checking the LESSON PLANS and HOMEWORK fields in your FACTS account daily. Additionally, check DOCUMENTS and RESOURCES for more information when the lesson plan or homework fields indicate to do so.

2. Be on time for our Zoom meetings. The links to get into the meetings are under Lesson Plans AND Homework in FACTS.  I will not post them on here because I do not want them to be available to the public. My English classes meet Mondays and Thursdays, and my Bible class meets Wednesdays on Zoom. On the other days, you have videos, assignments, and more to take care of, which, again, are posted under Lesson Plans and Homework in FACTS. Scroll down to see the Zoom schedule for 7th and 8th grades. (Scroll further to see some photos!)

3. To turn in your assignments to me, simply email or text me your work. You can also email or text me any time with questions or concerns. I'm here for you!


And here is what is happening in my classes...

7th English: We are finishing up with a vocabulary unit, and we will be starting a new novel (Breaking Through by Francisco Jimenez) unit this week! Always be prepared for "in class" discussion on the novel via Zoom.  Check lesson plans on FACTS for more details.

8th English: We just began our new novel (Lord of the Flies by William Golding) unit, and we will be having reading, writing, vocabulary, etc. assignments revolving around this work. Always be prepared for "in class" discussion on the novel via Zoom. Check lesson plans on FACTS for more details.

8th Bible: We are in the middle of our church history unit. You also have a new Bible memory passage due this month! Check lesson plans on FACTS for more details.

CURRENT ZOOM SCHEDULE FOR MIDDLE SCHOOLERS; SUBJECT TO CHANGE

Remember a few weeks back, when we didn't have to be isolated? Those were the days! Well, I took some photos of our 8th graders quizzing the 2nd graders on Christian Apologetics. I also snapped some shots at a 7th grade impromptu recess. You will also see some 7th graders giving "Speech Meet Prizes" out to their first grade friends.  I am already missing sweet moments such as these! Enjoy the photos. :)
































No comments: