Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Can I Get a Witness?!

I was so encouraged last night while grading a homework assignment from the 8th graders.  Students were to write a brief testimony of the evidence of Christ in their lives as we have been studying the Gospels with a focus on Jesus' directive to GO and make disciples of all nations ("The Great Commission"). 

An hour into grading, I was over their papers in tears reading how beautifully these students expressed their faith in Jesus and how they came to know their Maker.  Some students wrote pages on the love they have for their Savior when the assignment was to write a mere paragraph.  I feel so honored that I get to witness their spiritual growth, and I can say for certain that I see the Holy Spirit shining in these students on a daily basis. 

I'm overwhelmed with gratitude to God for creating these special young people.  I am grateful that I see fruit as they strengthen their personal walks with Jesus, and I am also thankful for amazing parents who are truly "training up their children in the way they should go." (Proverbs 22:6)

Blessings, indeed!
Mrs. A


No comments: