Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Welcome!


Hello, wonderful middle school parents and students!

            We have an exciting year ahead of us, and I look forward to working together to make this year successful.

            I will be teaching English (literature, writing, grammar, vocabulary, and analogies) as well as Bible to the junior high students.  This is my 6th year in a full-time teaching position in these areas and my third year at Trinity.  My teaching style is very hands-on, conversational, and interactive.  I expect the best from my students, and I promise to also put forth my best effort.  With God’s grace and guidance, we can achieve great things in the classroom!

            I feel that communication is key when it comes to middle schoolers.  I communicate my assignments orally to the students, I write them on the board daily, and I also post important assignments (tests, quizzes, papers, and projects) to my website.  I communicate my grades consistently through PowerSchool and update them at least twice a week.  I encourage parents to never hesitate to contact me for any reason.  You can reach me at my email: kagate@trinitychristian.net, or you can reach me at school 412-242-8886.

            Please follow my website for updates and more!  Please insert your email address at the bottom of this website for automatic updates. 

            On the first day of school, each student will receive a syllabus for each of my classes showing the materials we go over within the course of the year.  Please review these syllabi as well as my policies and procedures.
           
            I am thrilled to be a part of each student’s learning process as well as his or her walk with our Lord as we set and achieve our academic and spiritual goals for the amazing year ahead.

                                                                        Love, In Christ,
                                 
                                               
                                                                        Katie Agate

No comments: